Saturday 5 September 2009

Day 5

From Stairway To Heaven


I don't know where to start.... Hmmmm.... Well let's sing....

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow
Don't be alarmed now,
Its just a SPRING CLEAN for the may queen.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.
And it makes me wonder.
















Well tomorrow our first guests arrive!!! And from the early morning we had to clean the house as much as two City Cowboys and a nervous baby can do in one day!!!







From today I'll post a small picture from the board game Agricola (Published by Z-Man games) as a comment for my post.
Because this game was one of the inspirations for this endeavor! I'll write about other inspirations in some other post.



So today I made my first mud brick! I found that we had some clay in our garden and since some parts of our house is built from mud bricks I tried to make a small one. It took a lot of strength to break it, so I decided to make a bigger one. Tomorrow we'll see the result!! I can't wait!!!







Before lunch I had to try my new Eco-friendly machine, my Iron Horse!!! (well real ones are a bit too expensive for now! :( )
Bought bread and brought a bag made our of cloth with me. Of course I got strange look from the lady in the shop when I refused to take a plastic bag!!! (Big thanks to Adri for opening my eyes!!)
Man how it flies.... My black bicycle....






Ah finally lunch time and too much cabbage in the fridge!! Hmmm.... City Cowboys ...... Bang !!!
Chinese cuisine today!!! Take out your Wok and Come on baby light my fire!!!!
Ahhh! None of the city gas stoves can make it taste soooo good!!! Fresh onions and garlic put into hot oil with ginger, bit o' curry powder, salt, pepper, than pork and stir fry... after it all got golden than cabbage and a lot of it!!! In the end some soy sauce, sambal, vinegar, honey, crushed red dry pepper and a bit of water and after a few minutes lunch is on the table.....YAM YAM!!!

After lunch we continued the cleaning but I heard that tomorrow there will be some rain in our region and I saw that the roof of one of our shads is a bit.... how to say... not in a best shape to endure rain so again I started to sing.....

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
and stops my mind from wandering

where it will go
I'm filling the cracks that ran though the door

and kept my mind from wandering

where it will go

And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong
I'm right where I belong
I'm right where I belong
See the people standing there
who disagree and never win
and wonder why they don't get in my door

But it was no singing matter after a few minute, it proved to be a very hard work.... Well here is to you City Cowboy.

Ok this is enough of writing for today. I know you people are busy and I have to make buttermilk for my dear guests for tomorrow mornin'.

So see ya later folks!!! And remember come and visit us and feel how it is living as a City Cowboy.

For more info on how to visit us write to citycboy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment