Tuesday 8 September 2009

Day 8

Rock till you back say... Stop!!! :)



Howdy!!! Me again!!! :)
My first video post is now up.... I don't thing that there will be many of them since the connection for upload is weak but I'll try to post as many interesting videos as I can.

Yesterday morning started early as I decided to start working early to avoid the heat. So I took my working shoes called "Bozidarke" (name derived from "gift from God" cause they are very useful and protect my feet very well), my working gloves called "Milovanke" (derived from "caress" cause that is what they cant do!) and shovel (Still nameless any suggestions?) and went to shovel the broken concrete into the trailer (courtesy of our neighbor Steva, whom I want to thank very much!!)

In the afternoon we decided to make some walnut liqueur, cause we have a walnut tree in front of our house. I'm not so keen on alcohol but walnut liqueur is my favorite especially when my grandma makes it.


That also implied that I have to climb the ladder to get the young walnuts of the tree. Since I am new to the heights, cause I recently overcame the fear of heights (climbing the 40ft barn and being a target of a 100 bales of hay), I can't brag that it was a pleasant experience. What will a man do for a glass of liqueur!!



My granny with her special brew, pity we have to wait around 40 days for it to be ready for consumation. We City kids are not used to such a long waits. Patience my young padawan.





Look what is that??? No onions and no potatoes for the winter i.e. famine. Look out neighbor just across the street is selling just what we need i.e. go and buy the stuff you lazy son of a gun!!
Took my faithful borrowed cart and of i went. 60 kilos/120 pounds of potatoes and 20 kilos/40 pounds of onions all at once in a cart!! Yeehah I'm on a top of the world...yeah right boy... now you have to put it all in the shad...upsss...
(CSA flag has nothing to do with my political views, just got it from a friend who thought that I was too redneckish. I think that all man/women are born equal and not even the people of the same color should work as slaves or in inhumane conditions, let alone different color, race or faith. We are all brothers and sisters on this "Rock"-ing planet).





In the evening the same old routine!!! Put on the gloves and start dragging the wood to the shad. It is very hard work for a novice with no or little help. But soon it will be over!!

My back told me to stop around 22h, no more they said...or it was a Raven?!?!....


So see ya later folks!!! And remember come and visit us and feel how it is living as a City Cowboy.

For more info on how to visit us write to citycboy@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Aj po drugi put.
    Daklem, u doba kad je kuca pravljena, trotoar je bio od cigala, te je voda oticala u zemlju izmedju cigala. Ako sa dasnji betonski trotoar nema nagib od kuce, vlaga ce ici pravo u zid. Betonska "cokla" koju si porusio je, verovatno, postavljena da bi zastitila zid od kuce od kise koja se odbija od trotoara i kvasi zid. Prati kako se stvari razvijaju jesenas, pa cemo naci resenje za tvoje probleme ;) By the way, izlazi nastavak Agrikole najesen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hvala, Dalibore na savetu. Ali problem je bio u tome sto vlaga se uvlaci izmedju cokle i zida. A posto je beton on ne pusta vlagu da izlazi iz zida.
    Agricolaa yeeeaahhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks aziena agricola meazzini

    ReplyDelete