Saturday 10 April 2010

Episode 40






Back from the jungle

It's been so long. Toooooo long...
So many days have passed in the capital but the quest to defeat the 8 exams in month and a half was successful. And finally I'm back again in the saddle.
Beautiful weather welcomed us, and finally the song of birds.


But there was no time to rest, garden is still invaded by the dug up soil that has to be evacuated. There are still tours to be be made and scouted for the people who want to come and visit us. And many repairs around the house....







Today I had to fill up the hole made by water under the porch. Removal of the traditional hex shaped yellow bricks went perfectly but then I realized that some of the bricks were fixed by mortar and that I have o chisel them out. Ha! Another first timer for me!!


So after some tens of minutes of chiseling I finally managed to make them loose enough to take them out.
But that was not the end of the story. What comes out must come in again, pardon my language. Thus, when I finished filling the hole with soil and thumping it with stone and a thump:), I had to put the bricks back. I made the mortar out of the sand and clay from
the garden in the old fashion way. Much like making mud bricks. And finally managed to finish before the rain.

Here is one puzzle Agricola style :)

Garden is flourishing! All those vegetables that I've sown in the autumn are rising towards heaven and are producing very sweet fruits. Spring onions are so sweet that it is strange, but I heard no one complaining :). Next comes the spinach and garlic.
And Peas are on their way, climbing the ropes.
Soon I'll plant the peppers, tomatoes, carrots, turnips (I'll have my great big turnip in the countryside :) ) and many more....

No comments:

Post a Comment